Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Torch of Olympian Joy

In the movie 2012, British Columbia 2010 is referenced as a critical moment in which plans for surviving imminent destruction of 2012 where secretly developed by the government.




I managed to witness the Olympic Torch run through Winnipeg last night. I saw it as it
arrived at the Manitoba Legislative Building.


The Torch of the runner and the Torch that the Golden Boy holds is the same.


It is the Torch of Jupiter being carried up Mount Olympus. Hermes, son of Zeus/Jupiter carries it in his heart. As I stood there watching the Torch run by I was holding my two little daughters and I realized that my Torch that I must carry up the Mountain is my family.

Last night my daughter was handed a free lit up coca cola Olympics souvenir. On it is said their new slogan "Open Happiness." Open Joy. Open Jove. Open Jupiter. Ganymede is now pouring the water forth.


The eternal fire is fueled by love. When one reaches the peak of the Mountain one realizes Joy.

2 comments:

Indras Net said...

Lovely! There is no place like hOMe, have a happy and blessed new year jim, Peace in

Paprika said...

Lucifer is the god of the morning star sun of aurora or in Latin the goddess of Dawn.
When I read that Hermes “carries it (the flame that ignites Olympus) in his heart” I thought it was interesting. Since Calcifer (aka Lucifer.. aka lightbearer) was Howl’s heart and it bore a magical star.
In the movie Howl caught a fallen shooting star and they made a contract so that the star could live inside his heart and thus Calcifer was born. He was the fire [The eternalfire is fueled by love] that fueled and carried castle. A castle that was a hub and gateway.
So I was curious to see if the in fact the morning star (personified as Lucifer in Greek mythology) was a fallen star. So I googled the keywords: -morning star fallen- and low and behold I get this:
The Morning Star in Isaiah 14:12‎: How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!
Needless to say in Christian Theology Lucifer is the fallen angel surely his tale is derived from astronomical significance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfacwtzxMvE
“A goddess on a mountain top
Was burning like a silver flame,
The summit of beauty and love,
And Venus was her name.”
“She's got it,
Yeah, baby, she's got it.
Well, I'm your Venus,
I'm your fire at your desire.
Well, I'm your Venus,
I'm your fire at your desire.”
Lucifer is a Latin word, literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight. Use of the word in this sense is uncommon in English, in which "Day Star" or "Morning Star" are more common expressions.

In English the name "Lucifer" usually refers to the Devil. This usage is not found in the New Testament. The use of the name "Lucifer" in reference to a fallen angel stems from an interpretation of Isaiah 14:3-20, a passage that speaks of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives the title of "Day Star", "Morning Star" (in Latin, lucifer),[2] as fallen or destined to fall from the heavens or sky.[3] In 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the devil. However, in post-New Testament times the Latin word Lucifer has often been used as a name for the devil, primarily in fictional works.